The nutritional supplements comprise of vitamins D and E, minerals including calcium and iron, herbs like Echinacea and garlic and amino derivatives such as glucosamine, probiotics, and fish oils. Theses supplements are available in the variants of tablets, capsules, and powders, drinks and vitality solids. In following discussion let us try to learn about these dietary supplements.
- All compounds tagged as dietary supplements display particulars like the ingredients, quantity of each dynamic constituent per helping, and other elements such as fillers, binders, and seasonings.
- Though the amount of helping is indicated, it is better if you or in consultation with your physician decide the optimum intake.
- In case, you are not taking food with sufficient nutritional value, then you can overcome deficiency by taking add-ons.
- Still, you can note that the add-ons are no substitutes for nutritional food.
- These add-ons have dynamic components that may result in adverse effects.
- You will do well to be attentive to such risks more so in the event of taking a new product.
Try to get answers for the following if you wish to take such products:
- What are the potent gains and how you will be benefited?
- Does this supplement entail any side effects?
- What is the appropriate size of the dosage?
- What are the mode, timing, and duration of taking?
Check with your doctor
- Keep your physician posted about the fact that you intend to take such add-ons so that he can guide properly.
- They are not intended to remedy any disease.
- The government agency FDA supervises both nutritional add-ons and drugs.
- The nutritional compounds do not require pre-approval from the FDA prior to their commercialization.
These compounds are meant to augment your food intake. The FDA rules governing nutritional add-ons are not similar to those that control medicines.